Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ah, a new year! I love the fresh starts, the renewed motivation, and the hope that comes with this time of year. While it's always a great time to start an exercise regimen, new years resolutions seem to be especially motivating. There's something about a clean slate and the desire to start the year off right that make this the best time of the year to accomplish our goals!

At Fit To You Brevard, we've got the help you need to reach your fitness goals this year! With personal training available to Brevard County, Florida residents as well as group classes, like Personal Defense and Kid Fit, we can help you get your year started right!

As for myself, I decided to squeeze in one last workout before 2011 came to a close. I've decided I'd share some of my workouts on here in case you're looking for inspiration or are simply curious.

Warm Up:
100 jumping jacks
100 jump ropes
Do top 4 Te Waza forms from Mushinoto Ryu Jujutsu
Do Tekki Sho twice, kata from Mushinoto Ryu Jujutsu
Total: 6 minutes

1 minute intervals of 50 seconds of all out effort followed by 10 seconds of rest. Two rounds of 9 exercises for a total of 18 minutes of exercises.

1) Sandbag low jacks (20 pounds) (52 first round, 48 second round)
2) Pushups with mountain climbers (14 first round, 13 second round)
3) Squat and press with sandbag (20 pounds) (17 first round, 15 second round)
4) Lunges with sandbag (20 pounds) (24 first round, 22 second round)
5) Hanging knee raises (25 first round, 22 second round)
6) Ab circles (26 first round, 29 second round)
7) Chin ups (8 first round, 8 second round)
8) Tricep dips (22 first round, 25 second round)
9) Sandbag swings (25 first round, 23 second round)

Follow with 15 minutes of stretching.

Why intervals? They keep your heart rate high so you burn more calories! This was a pretty intense workout and I had to extend some of my rest periods so my heart rate could drop a little. Intervals are a great way to get a lot of working out done in a short amount of time. Even 10-15 minutes of exercise can make a big difference! Start slow if you are new to exercising or haven't exercised in awhile. Do 30 seconds of all out effort followed by 30 seconds rest and stick to exercises like push ups, squats, and crunches. Add dynamic movements like jumping jacks to increase your heart rate.

Happy new year everyone! I hope to see you in 2012!

Cassandra

Fit To You Brevard
Personal Training
Group Classes
Satellite Beach, Florida

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a nutrational background.
    I need to exercise but I need to eat - - better, properly, etc etc etc.
    Also, do you offer personal training to the over 50 group and over 60 group (me)? I do need some guidance and incentive and more initiative. How many personal sessions would you recommend per week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nate! I do have a nutritional background having had a nutrition minor in college and through my training as a personal trainer as well as my independent studies. I have had several clients over the age of 60 and provided you are able to exercise, I am happy to accept clients in those age groups. We all need a little guidance sometimes :-) I'd be happy to help motivate you to stick with a program that works for you. Typically two sessions a week is the minimum you need to see any results, but most people see better results with three session a week. If you would like to make an appointment to get together and review your goals to see how I can help you please email me at CassandraCPT@gmail.com so we can set something up in private :-)

    ReplyDelete